Monday, March 18, 2013

Number Porting from Hotlink to U Mobile

For the last one year I have been using Maxis Hotlink prepaid mobile service. Since then I had to recharge every time my mobile to keep it in active mode. When a amount 5RM is top up I get a validity for a week even though I have enough credit left the account gets suspended. Being not a heavy user I don't make GSM calls that often but use other means like Viber and Whatsapp for communication. Also the price of internet for a day is 2RM for 100MB and for a week it was 8RM.





I came to know thru a friend +Dhanish Athif that U Mobile is offering prepaid packages with unlimited internet and double the validity period. Thus I got attracted to this and started with my home work.

First I had to check if my present number was under my name even though I bought it from a Maxis counter. But when checked the number was under someone else. After visiting Maxis Center I was able to change it to my name but the agent again did a mistake by typing my passport number wrong which later created the delay. Again this was rectified by them.

I visited the U Mobile Center at Times Square and checked on the porting, the lady asked to fill a form and completed the paper formalities and gave me a SIM card asking me to replace when the present hotlink sim gets deactivated. I received my welcome SMS from U mobile but later next day I received another SMS from them saying the porting has been rejected by my present operator. I checked for the reason and came to know it was the passport number not matching issue. But later maxis fixing it, I went to U Mobile desk at Midvalley and asked the same and the gentleman removed the existing request from the system and re-requested. As soon as I came out of the shop I received the welcome sms.

The next morning around 1000 i received another SMS saying that porting was successful and I can start using my new sim in 2 hours time from that. Also received another sms from Maxis for thanking for being with them.

Now its been few days since I am on U Mobile network, so far it good for me.

Porting requested on 12 March 2013 at 18:20hrs and porting activated by 13 March 2013 at 10:20hrs

7 comments:

  1. hi i want to change passport number in maxis. My number is 0175202752

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://new.maxis.com.my/en/personal/support/store-locator/outlet-listing.html

      Delete
  2. how to change my passport number in maxis??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U can walk into the maxis centers in KLCC or Gardens Mall... They will do it instantly... please take your passport with u.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing you experience.
    I wish to add porting guide who are interested to swap network.
    If you want to change another network but keep same number means,First you will do Number portability. For porting,try to do the following steps.
    1.You will need your PAC(Porting authorisation code) from your current network service.
    2.Then contact your new mobile service and tell them your PAC.They will provide your new sim card.
    After getting your new sim card,Make sure your phone is unlocked one.If it's restricted by single network means,try to unlock your mobile before swap your sim.For unlocking visit UnBBLock.com They will provide an unlocking service for Blackberry mobile models only.If you have a other than Blackberry phone use Unlock-Zone.com

    ReplyDelete